Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sunday, October 30

Today was a rough day for Richard. They had to give him blood and potassium today as his hemoglobin and potassium levels were low. His fever was back up to 101 degrees so they put him back on the cooling blanket to bring his fever down. He did not have as much movement as he had in the past days. No progression today. The waiting continues...


Richard's parents, wife, siblings, and two younger daughters went to mass today at The Sacred Heart in Nacogdoches. Monsignor Young is the priest at this church and is also the priest who has often been visiting with Richard and praying with him. The service was very moving.

By the time they got back to the hospital Richard had lots of visitors awaiting him.
His oldest daughter, Stacey and his grandson and Aunt Sandra came back up to visit with him, best and long time friends Robbie and Keely Standley, and close family friends Judy and Gary Daniels. We all enjoyed our time with them as much as Richard enjoyed their company, I'm sure.


Do not abandon me, Lord. My God, do not go away from me! Hurry to help me, Lord, my Savior.
-Psalm 38:22-23

No comments:

Post a Comment

Write something...