Monday, October 31, 2011

A Father's Prayer for his Injured Son: Written by Richard E. McGinty

Heavenly Father I commend unto you my Son.

That your will be done with him.

He is so very young in life.

He has four children and a wife,

a Grandson too.

There is so much he should do.

At my age I would gladly trade

the burden he now bears

for what years I have left to spare

through this earthly veil.

His Mother too, I know would gladly go

into your kingdom just for him.

We have shared so many things,

We'd both gladly do this for him.

Yet, I know that the purpose you have in mind

is not for she nor I to divine but just carry on

this life we have taking care of those that need the salve

of our Love.

Therefore Lord this I pray,

Make him whole and well again when you may.

Either in heaven or this earthly play of life.

Deliver him from his pain, his strife with our love.

We will dedicate ourselves to those that he and you Love.

1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful prayer by your grandfather. It all must be just as rough on him as it is on all of you.

    ReplyDelete

Write something...